Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Manic Panic Sooo 80's Palette Review



So I actually got this palette on sale at ThinkGeek.com for $6.00. YES ThinkGeek does sell Cosmetics and some pretty cool ones at that. I wanted Manic Panic's Creature of the Night palette but it was sold out so I decided to give this one a try instead!






The Product
So here Manic Panic is showing off three looks that they say can be achieved by using everything included in the palette.





Inside is a small Mirror, 4 Eyeshadows, 2 Applicator Brushes, a small Eyeliner and a small pocket containing Beauty Tips and Instructions.





These are the Four Eyeshadow colors: Hot Hot Pink, Champagne Shimmer, Blue Angel and Cauldron Smoke.





One Applicator is double sided with an Angled brush on one end and a Smudge Eye Sponge on the other. The Second Applicator is a regular Shadow Applicator. 




These Cards have two sides: one with Helpful Beauty Tips such as how to wash your Makeup Brushes and the other with Instructions on Manic Panic's Sooo 80's Looks.
These looks are hilariously labeled as(From Left to Right):  Rated PG-13, Rated R, and Rated X.




Rated PG-13
I decided to try PG-13 for myself to test the palette. I followed the Instructions as best as I could, only using what the palette provided. These are my results:

What I used:
Mascara- Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara
Foundation- Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin
Concealer- Kat Von D Lock It Foundation (This is not actually a concealer!)
Lip Color- e.l.f. Studio Mini Makeup Collection
Everything Else- Manic Panic Sooo 80's Palette

Personally I don't think it looks much like the picture but hey what can I say? I really love the colors on this palette. (I will be doing this look again using a mix of my own products and knowledge.)




Speaking Of Colors
Champagne Shimmer is actually a creme shadow but the rest aren't.
I found this annoying at first as I do not like Creme Shadows but turns out this is mostly just to use as a primer. The Instructions say to apply it before the other shadows. You apply it from the Lash Line to the Brow Bone.

Without Manic Panic Champagne Shimmer:
WITH Manic Panic Champagne Shimmer:




My Thoughts
-I like it. I think its a cute gift and the Eyeshadows are well made. Personally I don't think they're as pigmented as my BH Cosmetic Palette which already has these colors and doesn't need Primer. The Champagne Shimmer is a nice touch though and I probably would've used it in a more practical way if I wasn't following the instructions. 

-The Black Eyeliner is pretty dark but you can't really see it on my eyes because Manic Panic's Instructions ask you to smudge it with the Cauldron Smoke shadow. Cauldron Smoke CLEARLY isn't black it is more purple than anything and I want to try this look again with my own Black Eyeshadow.

-The Applicator Brushes are very nice and do a good job.

-I don't think I would buy this again because I already own a lot of Eyeshadows and I prefer larger palettes but I definitely would buy this for a friend. The looks are cute and achievable as long as you don't rely on the instructions only and actually try. These are really easy trust me.

8/10

Feel free to leave comments and ask questions! :D
~IzzyE

No comments:

Post a Comment