Sunday, November 18, 2012

Jello Lipstain Tutorial

You may or may not have heard about using Gelatin mix to create a Home-Made Lip Stain. I decided to try it out for myself and see. Lets find out if this actually works.


What I used:
  • Small Box of Gelatin
  • Q-Tips
  • 2 Small bowls
  • Water
  • Lip Balm


Jello


 I used the brand Royal in Strawberry (My boyfriend's favorite flavor) for this. I didn't actually have to go out and buy anything, this was all already at home. Just goes to show you how convenient and easily accessible this recipe is.

This is my Natural Lip color to compare.



1)
I poured a tiny amount of the Gelatin mix into two small bowls as evenly as could


2)
First I try applying it with my Blistex. I use a Q-Tip for the application.


3)
I dip the Q-Tip into the first bowl. The Blistex was sticky enough to attach a lot of  the mix.


4)
This looks a bit silly. Not much color and my lips are covered in the mix. Very yummy.


5)
I move onto the second bowl and pour some water in. Not too much.
Grabbed a new Q-Tip...
and mixed until everything was dissolved.


6)
Now to try it out.
Not too bad. There is some color and it has left my lips wet and sweet.


7)
Lets see if this can get better.
I grab another new Q-Tip and grab more Blistex.
(Messy)


8)
As you can see I'm dipping the Q-Tip covered in Blistex into the water mix.


This is the result:
At this point I've added a second layer of the water mix so the rosy tint is stronger. It also has a glossy finish and the color has seeped into my lips. (My lips are still sweet, yum.)





Before and After! 

 Simple right?





 Making a Lip Stain out of Jello sounds a bit ridiculous but its actually quite fun and handy. Although this is more of a Gloss its still great for kissing and long lasting. Makes your lips look naturally rosy.

-IzzyE

No comments:

Post a Comment