Friday, February 8, 2013

Snake Skin Magnetic Nails + Sinful Colors Review

Check these out!

NOTD

Magnetic Nail Designs have become very popular and more brands are releasing their own Magnetic Polishes.

For anyone clueless: these designs are created by using actual magnets that are sold with branded Nail Polish. Unfortunately I've only tried one so far which is Sinful Color's New Magnetic Polish.



Sinfully Magnetic


As you can see above, Sinful Colors portray their designs as easily achievable and quick. 


I picked up the Snake Skin Design in Green at Rite Aid myself and I'd like to give my honest opinion on it.


My First Impression

Stop biting your nails dammit.

Okay I'm not going to lie, I tested the polish out on my boyfriend first haha. I get bored and my boyfriend is always eager to be of help to me. :)

For nail A I applied one base coat, one sinful colors coat, a second sinful colors coat and held the magnet for 30-40 seconds.

For nail B I applied one base coat, one sinful colors coat and held the magnet for 30-40 seconds.

For nail C I applied one sinful colors coat, a second sinful colors coat and held the magnet for 30-40 seconds.

Nail C came out the best and seems to be practically identical to the example Sinful Colors uses to advertise the Polish. It took a bit of work but I thought I had it figured it out.

I immediately went to work on my OWN nails while my boyfriend struggled to remove his polish. To my dismay, no matter what I did or how many times I tried, I couldn't get my nails to come out the same way! I couldn't understand it and so I went online and watched several women apply the exact same polish. Nothing helped!

My problem was that the pattern was only appearing right at the center of my nail. It was ridiculous and it just looked bad. Finally I took a look at my boyfriend's nails and the only answer I could come up with was that his nails were flatter. My nails have more of a curve along the sides while his nails... just look flat.


The Results

After all of the frustration I decided to embrace the strange effect on my nails and isolated it with some Black nail polish.


Here I have the color painted on without any sort of design or use of the magnet. Its very pretty on its own. :)

Always make the best of everything!

Here I've already used the magnet and then painted black stripes on both sides where the magnet has no effect. I couldn't seem to get the snakeskin down as perfectly but nevertheless it left me a beautiful pattern.


They kind of look like jewels to me. :3


My Thoughts

I might have gotten a dud or something... or maybe I wasn't applying it correctly. Somehow I doubt it though. I've found other people complaining about the same issue online so it very well could just suck. Still I can see myself using this because its freaking magnetic! I will probably just try to get my hands on another magnet and try again. I give this a 6/10.

I don't think I would recommend this brand to a friend or anyone. ;( Its just too complicated to enjoy. I won't give up on Magnetic Polishes just yet though. I'm sure I could find more success from another brand.

Questions and comments very much welcomed! Have you tried this brand before and did you have more luck than me? Do you know of any brands that are better? Let me know!

-IzzyE

No comments:

Post a Comment