Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day: Sweethearts Tutorial

FOTD

Valentines Day is here and I thought I'd get a little creative this year instead of my usual reds and pinks! This look is inspired by Sweethearts. If you're confused, these little pictures might help:



Personally I think they taste a bit chalky but they certainly come to mind around this holiday and I love the colors. :) For this look I used mostly pastel-looking eye shadows.

What I used: 
  • Foundation: Kat Von D Lock it Foundation L44
  • Setting Powder: Makeup Forever HD powder
  • Eye Primer: NYX HD Eye shadow primer
  • Eye Shadow: Bh Cosmetics 120 Palette 2nd Edition, E.l.f. Studio Master Makeup Collection
  • Eyeliner: Manic Panic Black Liner
  • Mascara: Cover Girl Clump Crusher
  • Bronzer: E.l.f Studio Master Makeup Collection
  • Blush: Cover Girl Classic Color 570 Natural Glow 
  • Highlighter: Erno Laszlo Multi-Phase Highlighter For all skin types
  • Lip Liner: Jordana Burnt Cherry
  • Lipstick: Inglot Blue 291
  • Lip Balm: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment



Sweethearts

Step 1)
Apply Eye Primer.

Step 2)
Apply a matte bright Pink to crease and blend.

Step 3)
Apply a matte pale Yellow to your eyelid. Use a patting motion to avoid fallout.

Step 4)
Apply a matte vibrant Purple to the outer corner of your eyelid.

Step 5)
Blend the Purple out like so.

Step 6)
Highlight your brow bone with a generous amount of shimmery/glittery White

(The more sparkle the better in my opinion.)

Step 7)
Line your eyes with a Black pencil eyeliner. I used an angled liner brush with Black eye shadow to create a small wing.

Step 8)
Curl lashes and apply a Black mascara. Highlight your inner eyes if you'd like.

Step 9)
Apply a small amount of bronzer and highlighter to your cheeks for contouring. The less the better for this look.
(Contouring Chart)

Step 10)
Because this look uses so much color: apply a neutral blush.

Step 11)
Apply a Lavender or a light Purple lipstick/gloss for your lips. If you don't own this, you may try what I did:

I used a Berry colored lip liner to fill in my lips.
I then applied a Blue lipstick over this and blended.
To give my lips a glossy sheer look I put on my lip balm last.

Finished Look

Step 12)
If you'd like to go an extra mile:
Accessories are what makes Valentine's Day really cute. :) Here I used roses, tribute to the romantic holiday and a teal scarf. You can see I kept the Sweethearts theme going with the colors.


Thanks for reading! :D Questions and comments welcomed as always. What are you guys doing for Valentines Day? What do you think of my look? 
-IzzyE

No comments:

Post a Comment